Hurray for zucchini season!!!
We don’t have our vegetable garden planted yet (maybe we will have home grown veggies next year…) but we’ve been getting fresh veggie gifts left and right lately including monster zucchinis!! We don’t ever complain about veggie gifts and I LOVE zucchini so I figured, why not share with you this easy, tasty and relatively healthy zucchini muffin recipe that I tried out earlier this week!!
Thank you Karen In Real Life for this fantastic gluten free recipe!
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup Mott’s cinnamon applesauce
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups zucchini, grated
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups gluten free all purpose baking flour (I used Bob’s Red mill)
- 1 teaspoon gluten free pure baking soda (I used the generic Stater Brother brand)
- 1¼ teaspoon baking powder (I used the generic Target brand…yeah, I don’t know why the baking powder I have is Target brand…)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
1. Grate your zucchini (I use my good ol’ standing cheese grater for everything shredded or grated…just watch out for your knuckles, I’m forever fearful of grating my fingers instead of the food, which is why I wont get anything sharper or fancier for slicing/grating!!!)
2. Mix all ingredients together
2. Grease a muffin tin, pour in batter and cook at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until the tops of the muffins are no longer sticky. Remove and let cool (or eat one while its hot out of the oven, I eat mine warm with a little butter or cream cheese ;))
Seriously delicious, quick, easy and as always gluten free!!
I’m sure I’ll have more summer veggie recipes coming your way soon. Hope you all are having a fantastic week, thanks for stopping by and I’ll see you soon!