I’m so sorry its been so long since my last post. Its been a bit of a crazy time at work. The plus side is that its Saturday and I actually have a real weekend off this week…doesn’t happen often when you work in retail!! I’m hoping to have back to back chicken recipes for you this weekend!!
Today’s chicken recipe is a great snack to bring to a football party, even non-gluten free people will love this one!! I came across this recipe on Sweet Pea’s Kitchen, she has some really delicious looking recipes just waiting to be tried gluten free!! This was my first experiment form her site but I already can’t wait to try a couple others!! I hope there are some buffalo chicken fans out there ready to give this a try!!!
Here we go…Oh yeah GO CHARGERS!!!! :)
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken (I left 2 chicken breasts in the crock pot all day with chicken broth and a little buffalo sauce, it was all ready to shred when I got home!)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup hot sauce (to taste) (I used Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Sauce, delicious!!)
- 3 1/2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 3/4 cups sharp shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill All Purpose Baking Mix)
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 – 4 cups Corn Flakes cereal, crushed (I used crushed up corn Chex!)
Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, combine chicken, cream cheese and hot sauce, cheddar cheese and green onions.
Place on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Serve warm with ranch or blue cheese dressing.
I served with celery, Hidden Valley Spicy Ranch, Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Sauce and Hidden Valley Ranch. These bites came out crunchy on the outside and deliciously creamy on the inside! Next football event I got to Im brining these with me for sure!!!
Happy Saturday everyone! I’ll see you back here again tomorrow!!